One in ten couples experience trouble conceiving. With help many sub-fertile couples will be able to conceive but if they are to be given the best chance they need to have a timely and comprehensive assessment as soon as they feel they have a problem.
A full fertility assessment involves the taking of a detailed history and performance of a careful examination followed by the initiation of appropriate investigations.
We strongly recommend that both partners attend together at some stage during the exploratory process to ensure every aspect of the situation is explored and to ensure good communication is established.
Both Dr.Kong and Dr.Stevenson trained in the UK and each have over 20 years experience of managing infertility problems. Reproductive medicine in Hong Kong is legislated for by the Human Reproductive Technology Ordinance which restricts the process of IUI and IVF to married couples.
However non married couples may receive all investigations and be treated provided that neither the sperm or eggs are manipulated outside the body for the purpose of reproduction.
The clinic is registered with the Hong Kong Council on Human Reproductive Technology for performing intrauterine insemination and we are able to undertake in-vitro-fertilisation at the Hong Kong Sanatorium and Hospital in Happy Valley.
A PHP Error was encountered
Message: Trying to get property of non-object
Line Number: 29
Dr. Robert J. Stevenson
Specialist in Obstetrics & Gynaecology
- Clinical fertility assessment
- Menstrual cycle tracking and ovulation and hormone status assessment
- Assessment of ovarian reserve
- Pelvic scanning examination with GE Voluson 3/D 4/D ultrasound
- Diagnostic laparoscopy including treatment for endometriosis and laparoscopic pelvic microsurgery
- Semen analysis
- Management of Polycystic Ovary Syndrome
- Controlled ovarian stimulation
- Intrauterine insemination (IUI)
- In-vitro-fertilisation (IVF)
- Investigation of recurrent miscarriage